Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPad mini Case Review: Pantone Universe iPad Mini Bookcase Review
      #45286 - 09/12/13 12:55 PM

iPad mini Case Review: Pantone Universe iPad Mini Bookcase Review

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 3.5

What's Hot: Smart Cover functionality. Cover folds back completely for comfortable use. Can be configured for standalone landscape viewing. Recognizable Pantone logo is stylish.

What's Not: Very expensive.

Reviewed by Tom Slayton

The Pantone iPad Mini Bookcase is a portfolio-style case that features Smart Cover functionality, landscape viewing, and Pantone styling.

Size and Fit

The Bookcase installs in seconds via a cleverly hidden Velcro flap. Once installed it isn't much wider or longer than your iPad Mini, but as with all portfolio cases, it's significantly thicker.

Features and Quality

The Bookcase has all the features you've come to expect from portfolio cases; Smart Cover functionality, hands-free landscape viewing, and substantial drop/bump/scuff protection. While the Bookcase offers almost no protection from moisture (aside from the front cover), this is not its mission. Instead, it offers less protection in exchange for complete access to your device's buttons/ports/switches, which is far more useful in an indoor environment, where this case is most likely to be used. At first, I was concerned that the Bookcase leaves the corners of the device exposed. However, after further inspection, it appears that the back plate is reinforced to provide corner protection while still allowing those parts of your Mini to shine through. I did not test it, however.

Style

For much of my adult life, I've relied on Pantone color swatches for accurate color. Until now, however, it never occurred to me that the swatches themselves have a unique style all their own, as recognizable as many other famous logos. Pantone has finally decided to leverage their formidable brand recognition in a variety of device covers, including the iPad Mini Bookcase. Whether your work in design or are just a hobbyist, the Pantone Bookcase will likely appeal to you as it is clean, smart, and identifies you as a design insider. A nice touch is that the logo, swatch number, and color name are all nicely embossed onto the signature white bar that runs along the leading edge of the case. The manufacturer's website shows that it is available in three colors: Harvest Pumpkin, Patrician Purple, and Scarlet Sage. If you're wondering if these colors are accurate, I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes.

Summary

The Pantone iPad Mini Bookcase is an expensive but high quality and stylish portfolio case for your iPad Mini. If you work in design or just dabble in it, you're going to enjoy carrying around the iPad Mini Bookcase, and you're likely going to get lots of comments and nods of approval from industry insiders when you do.

Price: $66.22
Web site: Case Scenario

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon Red version

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2695

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage