Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Blog: Pass Fail
      #45446 - 10/15/13 05:57 PM

You probably know that iTunes sells TV shows, and that in the US, high-def TV shows cost $2.99 per episode.

You probably also know that iTunes also offers Season Passes - simply buy the whole season upfront, and you will receive all the episodes of a season as they become available. The cost of a Season Pass is usually slightly less than buying all of the episodes separately - sort of a "buy in bulk and save" type of deal.

I buy Season Passes fairly often on iTunes, including one for season 2 of an ID show called Evil Twins.

The pass cost $14.99. It has been more than two months since any new episodes have aired. Does that mean the season is over? I don't know, but it would be pretty unusual for a TV show to go on hiatus for over two months and then resume airing new episodes within a single season.

So here's the problem: iTunes has only aired four episodes of the show so far. Paying $14.99 for four episodes works out to $3.75 per episode. That's right: buy in bulk and pay extra. Huh?

I e-mailed iTunes support. I asked them if Evil Twins would be releasing more episodes this season; if so, when, and if not, could they refund the overcharge. They responded speaking in general terms, simply explaining what a Season Pass is and how it works (I already know that, thanks). I replied and politely pointed out that they had not answered my question, explaining it again. They did not respond.

If you think about it, when you buy a Season Pass from iTunes, you don't know what you're getting or when you're getting it. Maybe Apple would claim that they are at the mercy of the TV networks and their ever-changing schedules, but if Apple takes a customer's money, then Apple has a responsibility to the customer. By the time you realize something is wrong, it's too late to dispute payment on your credit card.

So if you buy a Season Pass, you have to just trust that Apple will give you a fair deal. I have always been willing to trust Apple in that way.

Until now.

-----------------------------------------------------

Read our latest iPhone and iPad Game Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-game-reviews.htm

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jacob_SpindelModerator
Moderator and writer

Reged: 11/21/05
Re: Blog: Pass Fail [Re: Jacob_Spindel]
      #45457 - 10/17/13 09:28 AM

Update:

After going back and forth a few more times, iTunes has decided to give me a refund.

I appreciate this, but they did make a point of saying they were making an exception to their policy, and I can't help but wonder what will happen with everyone else who bought the same item.

--------------------
Chief iPod Correspondent
Senior Time Waster
Extreme Moderator
Moderate Extremist
Captain of the Planet Express
Assistant Jedi Librarian
--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2468

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage