MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
FEARUIN

Reged: 11/04/13
Choosing a Tablet
      #45570 - 11/04/13 04:47 PM

Hello Lisa,

I am really sorry to bother you with yet another ”what tablet should i buy ”( given the fact that, all the information that i need is listed in the product information of every tablet out there), but still...here i am

I work as a Mechanical Engineer and given the fact that i just recently began this road (just 1 year of experience) i need a tablet that will serve me as a ”Engineering encyclopedia”. I want to store all the things that i learn, all the things that i need and i want to have easy acces to different suppliers and different products in my domain.

For this reason i have decided to buy a tablet. I do not need a high performance tablet (mainly because i have a workstation at work, and a workstation at home), it will just serve as a ”collect data tablet”(so no computer aided design on it)

What i requiere from this tablet is:

-Windows 8
-Docking station ( pen can be a nice addition, but it is optional)
-at least 64 GB of storage
-and last but not least( and i can.t express how important this is) it should have 3G

Now given the fact that i do not want to spend a lot of money on it (i was thinking somewhere around 500-600 Euros, maybe more depending on what the machine offers), the only options that i have found are:
-”Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2”
-”ASUS Vivo Tab Smart”
-”Samsung ATIV Smart ”
And from these 3 options here, not all sites offered them with 3G(this is a optional 3G/4G on 2/3)

What i would like to know 1. what other options do i have with windows 8/docking station/3G ?
2. is it worth considering a tablet with windows RT?
3. from youre knowledge, what other tablets with these specifications will be launched in the forseeeable future?
4. just a personal recommandation on what should i buy?

I would like to thank you in advanced, and i would like to say that you.re reviews are awesome, and i am really glad that i have discovered this site.

Daniel

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Choosing a Tablet [Re: FEARUIN]
      #45578 - 11/05/13 08:57 PM

Glad you've enjoyed our reviews and site! I'd personally go with the ThinkPad Tablet 2- lovely screen, great build quality and excellent Lenovo accessories.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

tdodd

Reged: 11/08/13
Loc: London, UK
Re: Choosing a Tablet [Re: LisaG]
      #45587 - 11/08/13 09:25 AM

I don't know whereabouts you are, but have you looked at the Dell Latitude 10 in the Dell Outlet? My girlfriend bought one in the UK recently including....

Windows 8 Pro
128GB on board storage
Unlocked 3G
Full sized USB 2.0 port
Full sized SD card slot
Digitizer (but no pen supplied)
Can be charged (slowly) with a generic micro USB cable or more quickly with supplied custom charger and cable.
Dock available, but not included.

She paid £340 delivered including taxes. The prices have since dropped.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1321

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage