MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
cartogram7

Reged: 11/13/13
review request: yoga 2 pro 13
      #45614 - 11/14/13 12:16 AM

I am curious to see you review the new Yoga 2 Pro. This laptop interests me because of the attractive price (especially on Lenovo's site) for the specs you get. I'm concerned about the reports that the screen has problems correctly displaying yellow. My understanding is that the temporary solution is to adjust the power settings so that full brightness is on, but then this impacts battery life--which defeats one of the main points of buying an ultrabook. I enjoy your thorough video reviews on products and so I thought I'd put my request in for this. Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: review request: yoga 2 pro 13 [Re: cartogram7]
      #45627 - 11/16/13 11:33 PM

We're still waiting for our Yoga 2 Pro review unit. For some reason it's taking a long time. The yellows are indeed more like mustard, but I'm guessing Lenovo is working on a software update to at least improve yellows when the Yoga 2 Pro is plugged into AC. The Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus uses the same panel but it displays yellow correctly when plugged into power.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: review request: yoga 2 pro 13 [Re: LisaG]
      #45629 - 11/18/13 02:30 AM

Update: we'll have our Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro up this week! Yay! And Lenovo's BIOS update did help the yellows look more yellow.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

cartogram7

Reged: 11/13/13
Re: review request: yoga 2 pro 13 [Re: LisaG]
      #45630 - 11/18/13 08:19 AM

That's great! Thanks for the update.

Since you mentioned the ATIV Book 9 Plus uses the same panel, would you be willing to do a smackdown between that and the Yoga 2? The Samsung retails for 1399 and on Lenovo's website (which frequently offers promotional discounts) you can get twice the memory and twice the storage (while maintaining an i5 and super high resolution display) for the same 1399. If Lenovo's update has remedied the yellow problem then I am wondering if the premium materials and quality of the ATIV Book 9 Plus justifies the, at least on paper, lesser specs.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1976

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage