MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
ThomasAn

Reged: 11/20/13
Smackdown suggestion :-)
      #45655 - 11/21/13 09:39 PM

I am torn between the MacBook pro 13 (here ) and the brand new Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga (here and here)
Same specs, same GeekBench score (the i5-4528U on the Mac performs similar to the i7-4500U on the Lenovo).
The Mac has the refined quality about it. The Lenovo has the touchscreen that converts to a tablet AND a digitizer pen which to me (can be useful for PDF annotations).

What is your overall experience between Apple and Lenovo products in terms of user experience, hardware glitches, reliability and such ? (I never had a Lenovo product) My current Laptop is an Asus (and it has been running 24/7 as a desktop replacement since 2009 without a hitch, so I am hoping for something as reliable ).

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Smackdown suggestion :-) [Re: ThomasAn]
      #45663 - 11/22/13 03:02 PM

Both Macs and ThinkPads have excellent reliability and durability reputations. With Apple, getting help is easier if you're close to an Apple Store, and their customer service is generally less infuriating than PC manufacturers. But hopefully you won't need customer service with either!

The Wacom pen is darned tempting if you want to do annotations more advanced than circling things with your finger. At 3.5 lbs. the ThinkPad Yoga will be a tablet best used resting on a table.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

ThomasAn

Reged: 11/20/13
Re: Smackdown suggestion :-) [Re: LisaG]
      #45666 - 11/22/13 08:00 PM

quote "Both Macs and ThinkPads have excellent reliability and durability reputations"

Thanks Lisa !
Yeah, I am leaning towards the thinkpad more and more.
Without touchscreen and annotation capability the Apple is falling behind on innovation (IMHO). Can't have an ipad because I need the full OS version for software development and I am realizing that being able to annotate will prove to be a fantastic feature as well (being able to handwrite notes and drawings on PDF book margins so as to finally do away with physical textbooks) ... plus touchscreen navigation is so much faster than dragging a cursor all over a screen all the time :-)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1450

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage