MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
UKFan78

Reged: 11/21/13
Which android tablet should I buy for my 13 year old
      #45651 - 11/21/13 10:57 AM

I am looking for a 10" tablet for my son. He previously owned a TF300, but the screen was accidentally broken, so we sold it for parts. He was very happy with the TF300, but I would rather look for something newer.

I am looking at the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and the Asus MEMO Pad FHD. I am hoping to spend less than $400 for the tablet. I prefer it to have a MircoSD slot, which is why I am not looking at the Nexus 10. I would want at least 32g without the MDS, so that puts the Nexus out of my price range.

I am also considering an 8" tablet and would be looking at the Galaxy Tab 3 and Note 8.0. Are there any other tablets I should be considering?

I was hoping to buy from Wal-Mart or Sams Club because their extended warranty is affordable and covers accidents. Any experience with their extended warranty? Sams Club offers a discounted extended warranty through Squaretrade.

Thanks so much,

Melissa

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Which android tablet should I buy for my 13 year old [Re: UKFan78]
      #45654 - 11/21/13 09:23 PM

You've listed two good possibilities. Unfortunately, not many Android 10" tablets have come out this year as manufacturers test the waters with Windows tablets. So pickings are slim for models newer than the TF300. And the Note 8 and Tab 3 8" are pretty much the only big name 8" models on the market. Sorry, no idea about Walmart and Sams Club warranties though.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

UKFan78

Re: Which android tablet should I buy for my 13 year old [Re: LisaG]
      #45683 - 11/25/13 04:55 PM

Which should I choose between the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, the Asus MeMO Pad FHD 10, and the Asus MeMO Pad Smart 10?

I am hoping to find a sale this week, so if anyone can help me out with this decision, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Edited by UKFan78 (11/29/13 05:28 PM)

UKFan78

Re: Which android tablet should I buy for my 13 year old [Re: UKFan78]
      #45712 - 11/29/13 05:29 PM

The Memo Pad FHD is on sale for $249 and both the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and Memo Pad Smart are $299. Which is the better buy?

Melissa

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2729

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage