General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Lenovo Flex 14 Review: the Budget Yoga
      #45720 - 12/02/13 10:49 AM

The Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 14 is the company's Yoga offshoot. We can't blame Lenovo for capitalizing on their very popular and versatile hinge design: the Yoga 11, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, Yoga 2 Pro and ThinkPad Yoga are excellent products. With the Flex 14, also available in a 15" Flex 15 variant, you get some, but not all of that Yoga goodness. Rather than the Yoga's 360 degree hinge that takes the Ultrabook from laptop mode to tent, presentation and tablet modes, the IdeaPad Flex has a 300 degree hinge that foregoes tablet mode.

The Flex 14 has good base specs, with fourth generation Intel Haswell Core CPUs (except that lowest end Celeron model, which we don't recommend) and Windows 8.1 64 bit. For $550 you can get a Core i3 with a conventional spinning 500 gig HDD and 4 gigs of RAM. Our review unit has the same Intel Core i5-4200U 1.6GHz dual core CPU, 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM and 128 gig SSD as the base Yoga 2 Pro.

So is it the wiser buy? Read and watch our review to find out!

Read and watch our Lenovo Flex 14 Review

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 181 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5550

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage