General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPad Case Review: iPort Charge Case And Stand For iPad Review
      #46027 - 02/11/14 09:47 AM

iPort Charge Case and Stand is a quick and easy to wirelessly charge your device, and support it for viewing. The case itself fits each device perfectly (be sure to buy the correct one!), and adds very little size/weight. Once installed, your device can be placed in the charging stand to be juiced-up.

Features and Quality

The iPort case is a minimalist design. It's an everyday case that provides basic bump/scuff protection, and leaves all ports/buttons/switches uncovered. If you are going somewhere that requires additional protection, it uninstalls in seconds so it shouldn't slow you down too much if you want to install something more rugged. It also supports Apple's Smart Cover, which complements it nicely. The stand is very substantial, which is a very good thing as a flimsy or lightweight stand would be a dealbreaker for some-thing like this. To charge your device, simply set it in the stand so that the contact points line up (there's a set for both vertical and horizontal orientation). I must confess, when I first looked at the design I groaned inwardly because I was sure it was going to be a pain to get those little nubs of metal to make contact. My groans instantly turned to self-mocking jeers when I set my iPad Air in the case for the first time and felt the powerful tug of rare earth magnets adjusting the device's placement. All you've got to do is get close, and the magnets will line up the contact points perfectly every time. Nice. Lastly, the charging stand can be adjusted to three different viewing angles.

Style

The iPort case is made of soft-touch (vaguely "rubberized") plastic, which gives it a qual-ity feel, and makes it easier to hold onto. The base itself is glossy black, and very nonde-script. I get the distinct impression that it is trying very hard not to be seen, and, for the most part, succeeds. While not stylish, they look great together, and exude quality.

Summary

I cannot overstate how convenient the iPort is. No more fumbling for cables, and my iPad now has a much safer place to live, away from beverages and other hazards. At $120 ($100 for the iPad Mini versions), it may seem a bit on the pricey side at first glance. However, once you factor in the price of a charge cable,12w adaptor, and stand, the price of convenience suddenly looks much more reasonable. One final point for those of you who are concerned that you might overcharge your device with the iPort: It is not possi-ble to overcharge a properly functioning iOS device. The batteries are not subject to deg-radation, and the onboard hardware is very adept at stopping the flow of electrons when the battery is full.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 5
What's Hot: Charges your iPad without the need to plug it in. Charges in both landscape and portrait orientations. Substantial stand safely supports devices in multiple viewing angles. Hidden magnets make alignment with contact points effortless. Smart Cover compatible. Removable Lightning Plug gives unfettered access to port when nec-essary.
What's Not: Currently, can't buy additional cases without the charge stand.
Price: $119.95 for iPad Air and iPad 4 versions, $99.95 for both iPad mini ver-sions(with free shipping direct from iPort)
Web site: iPort

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon iPad mini with Retina Version

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1936

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage