MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Accessories

Pages: 1
Chapstickman

Reged: 02/27/14
Note 3 Wireless Charging?
      #46123 - 02/28/14 04:10 PM

So i have a note 3 i recently bought into and am wondering whats up with the wireless charging? From what i've read it is supposed to be Qi, but its not built in? I mean i paid retail for this thing nearly 800 bucks and i have to buy into it more? If i could i'd like to confirm that i can use any random ebay qi charging pad when using the right Note 3 Charging cover?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Note 3 Wireless Charging? [Re: Chapstickman]
      #46124 - 02/28/14 08:55 PM

Yes, it's not a much talked about feature, in fact I forget it was even possible. Qi charging pads are never included with phones, but as a consolation the pad will work with any future Qi compatible phone you buy. But the backs sometimes cost extra-- the idea is why raise the product cost further for folks who'll never use the wireless charging. Samsung's own S-View flip cover supports wireless charging: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EF-TN900BBESTA . Any Qi compliant charging pad will work. The back cover you found should also work.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Tong Zhang, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1508

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage