MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPhone Battery Case Review: uNu Aero Wireless Charging Battery Case for iPhone 5/5s Review
      #46287 - 04/10/14 02:52 PM

The UNU Aero battery case for iPhone 5/5s is unique in that it allows wireless charging via the included pad. Just set your phone down (in the Aero case) and walk away. The uNu Aero case is surprisingly lean for a battery case. The built-in battery adds thickness to the case, and the necessary Lightning connector adds length, but thanks to clever engineering, its much thinner on the edges than competing battery cases. The Aero fits your iPhone 5/5s perfectly.

Features and Quality

If, like me, you hate fishing for your charge cable (especially mini USB cables, which must be used in a specific orientation), you're going to love the Aero. Oh, I know, it only takes a few seconds to plug in your phone, but, like other modern conveniences, once you don't have to do it, you kind of getting used to not doing it. So, why buy something that you are getting by just fine without? Because the Aero is not just a wireless charging system, its a competitively-priced battery case that includes a wireless charging system. At 2000mAh, it doesn't have quite the juice of some other cases, but it's enough to theoretically double your battery life. As with all other battery cases, the first 20% and the last 20% use the most juice, so to get the most out of the Aero, switch it on when your phone gets to 20%, and then back off again when you get to 80%. Installation of the case is a breeze, however, removal is a different matter. When you first remove it from the package, spend a few minutes reading the instructions before you take it apart. Essentially, you will need to pop the bezel off of the backplate by prying it apart at the "ejection gap" on the lower end of the case. It's tricky, and the instructions don't tell you exactly how to accomplish this. I used a penny, which left small marks on the edges of the gap. It's my only real complaint about the case, though, and it's entirely possible that I just wasn't very good at it. Your mileage may vary.

The wireless charging is accomplished by way of a wired charging pad. Setting the Aero down on the pad will cause two metal pins to make contact with the pad and voila! Wireless charging. When not on the pad, the pins are flush with the back of the case, and will not hook or snag on anything. Placing the Aero on the pad will cause the pins to extend and make contact. It all works quite well, and as I said, is quite convenient. For those times when you don't have access to your charging pad, the Aero includes a mini USB port for wired charging.

Style

The Aero comes in black or white, and features minimalistic styling. It has clean lines, and has a very understated design. If you're looking to peacock a bit with your phone, this is not your case. However, most people are likely to find its professional look quite appealing.

Summary

The Aero is a fantastic battery case with a killer feature - wireless charging. Once the charging pad is plugged in and the case installed, charging is as simple as setting your phone down.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 5
What's Hot: No more charge cables; just place it on the pad. 2000mAh battery. Surprisingly slim and light for a battery case. Includes mini USB charge port for syncing and wired charging.
What's Not: Case removal is tricky, and requires a coin or similar object.
Price: $99.95
Web site: uNu

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Buy it from Amazon

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2421

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage