MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
vinou33

Reged: 04/12/14
They ve destroyed my laptop, they offer a T440s but is it the good one ?
      #46294 - 04/12/14 05:12 PM

Firstly, i beg your pardon if i don't speak english very well. It is not my native language .

Secondly, i am going to start by a story:
"Five days ago, Vinou received his family and his niece (six years old). One day, Vinou went out to the supermarket. He came back one hour later and ... his asus laptop had become A keyboard and A tablet...
This morning, he heard a loud noise coming from his smartphone.
- The sms content =>'LENOVO THINKPAD T440S, i sent you the main configuration by email.'
- The email content => 'Processor : I7 4600U | RAM: 8Go DDR3 | Hard Disk: 256 Go SSD | Max Resolution; 1920 x 1080 | Screen size: 14-inch'."

Thirdly, I am going to detail you how Vinou will use his next laptop. Before installing software, he will change the Operating System or create a dual boot(will it permit to keep the warranty ?). It will be Debian. When it will be ended, he will install and use tomcat (a JEE server), Maven (A software that permits to retrieve easily the JEE libraries), XAMP (Apache + mysql), Postgresql and some IDEs (integrated development environment) like Eclipse or NetBeans. It is for local computer programming (the databases will not be launched at startup).

Seriously, i need your help. Is the Thinkpad T440S a sufficient computer for what I want to do ? I am a bit lost. I am not an hardware expert and it will be nice if you could give me some advices.

Thank you

Cordially,

Vinou33

Edited by vinou33 (04/12/14 07:29 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: They ve destroyed my laptop, they offer a T440s but is it the good one ? [Re: vinou33]
      #46295 - 04/13/14 12:03 AM

Yes, the T440s in that configuration should work well for what you want to do. If you run several concurrent VMs you might want even more RAM, but for one VM 8 gigs is fine. Changing the OS doesn't void your warranty-- only messing with hardware that Lenovo doesn't consider user serviceable (like the display panel) would void the warranty.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

vinou33

Reged: 04/12/14
Re: They ve destroyed my laptop, they offer a T440s but is it the good one ? [Re: LisaG]
      #46296 - 04/13/14 06:45 AM

Thank you for your answer which came quickly .

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1494

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage