MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPad Case Review: Kensington Comercio Me Customizable Folio Case for iPad Air Review
      #46455 - 05/15/14 02:52 PM

The Kensington Comercio Me Customizable Folio Case for iPad Air is a plastic portfolio case with a built-in Smart Cover and has a unique clear window on the back that allows you to show a personal touch on your iPad Air case. The Comercio Me case protects the entire tablet and comes in two colors: Smoke and Red.

Design

The Kensington Comercio Me Customizable Folio Case for iPad Air is a form fitting case that opens and closes like a portfolio. The case that holds the tablet is plastic with hard and sturdy clear back and more flexible and softer sides for easy installation. The hard plastic back can not only protect your iPad Air from scratches, nicks and bumps from sharp objects in your bag or backpack, but it's also designed to let you show some personal touch by placing a photo or a skin through the clear window. The case comes with a plastic template that doubles as a barrier to keep your photo or skin in place while you install your tablet into the case or take it out. In fact, if you wish to design and make your own skins, Kensington teamed up with Skinit so that you can choose from a huge selection of skins the Skinit offers or upload your own images to make your own skins. You can change the picture/skin in the Comercio Me case anytime.

The plastic case covers the entire back and the sides of the iPad Air, and it has raised edges to cover some of the tablet's front bezel. It provide additional protection for the tablet but the tight fit does introduce trouble for screen protectors as you can see in this photo. The front cover on the Comercio Me case has stiff inserts and will protect your screen from scratches and pokes. The interior of the front cover is soft fabric that's kind to the tablet's display. The Comercio Me case comes in black (Smoke) and Red shiny plastic casing and the front cover comes in matching colors.

Features

The Kensington Comercio Me Customizable Folio Case for iPad Air is a functional case. The tablet case has curved cutouts on the bottom for the Lightning port, on the side for the screen lock slider and the top for the 3.5mm audio jack and mic. The power button and volume buttons are under plastic cover and they're easy to use even under the protection. The case has a perfect cutout for the rear camera and a small cutout for the rear mic. The case covers the bottom speaker but has sound holes that channel the audio to the front. In our tests, the audio didn't lose any clarity or volume noticeably while the tablet was in this case.

The case's front cover functions like a Smart Cover, and it works with the iPad Air's auto wake and sleep feature smoothly. The cover also can prop up your iPad Air into upright standing position for media viewing and video chatting, and a flatter angle for typing with the on-screen keyboard. The built-in stand worked well in our tests.

Conclusion

The Kensington Comercio Me Customizable Folio Case for iPad Air is a cool case for those who want to add a personal touch to their tablet's case. The choices for the photos and skins you can place in the clear window on the case are unlimited. You can make your own photos by using the template included with the case, or you can go through Kensington Skinit site to make as many as you wish and exchange the graphics on your case any time. The decal option is what makes this case so special. The Comercio Me case is protective and slim, and it adds 8.1 ounces to the tablet.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4
What's Hot: Scratch resistant, easy to change the pictures and the cover acts like a stand.
What's Not: Doesn't work with screen protectors well.
Price: $39.99
Web site: Kensington

Reviewed by: Tong Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

-----------------------------------------------------

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1267

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage