MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
gedumer

Reged: 06/27/13
New Intel Atom Z3795 64 bit processor
      #46456 - 05/15/14 03:39 PM

The new Intel Atom Z3795 (Bay Trail-T) 64 bit processor is installed in the HP ElitePad 1000 and the new Lenovo Thinkpad 10. The ElitePad is currently available and the Thinkpad is due out in June. I haven't seen any reviews on the ElitePad yet and I'm trying to get a feel for this new Atom processor. I currently have a Dell desktop with a Pentium 4 single core CPU (3.40GHZ). I think this Pentium was released in 2008. Do you have any feel for how the 2 CPU's would compare? I'm trying to decide whether either of these 2 tablets would make a good desktop replacement utilizing the available docking stations. I know that the Surface pro 2 (Core I5) with dock will run circles around the my current Pentium processor, but I don't know how that would compare to the 2 tablets using the Atom Z3795.

What do you think?

Edited by gedumer (05/16/14 09:11 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: New Intel Atom Z3795 64 bit processor [Re: gedumer]
      #46461 - 05/16/14 09:44 AM

It's a challenge to compare today's CPUs to old single core Pentiums given the age gap. There are CPU comparison sites that offer some fairly retro comparison scores. I'd expect the quad core Atom to perform at least as well, and likely better for tasks that use multiple threads and cores.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1345

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage