General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is Official with 12 inch Display
      #46476 - 05/20/14 04:32 PM

Well, it's official, the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet with a 12 inch display will be in US stores on June 20. Microsoft addressed quite a few complaints pertaining to the old Pro line and this time we have a bigger, higher resolution display, a continuous kickstand that works in positions from 0 to 150 degrees and more CPU options. The newest Surface Pro will come with your choice of Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 CPUs rather than just a Core i5. Cooling has been improved so the tablet should be able to handle the Core i7 just fine.

The Surface Pro 3 will be available with 4 or 8 gigs of RAM and up to a 512 gig SSD drive. Hopefully stock of higher capacity SSD models will be better than with the always scare higher end Surface Pro 2 models. The tablet uses Touch and Type Covers as do previous Surfaces, and it has a USB 3.0 port and mini DisplayPort.

There's a refreshed selection of colors for the Type Cover keyboard covers and Microsoft has been working with Adobe to ensure that Photoshop CC will do an even better job of supporting the N-Trig pen and digitizer with supposed better pen precision along with a more touch-friendly UI. We expect Photoshop CC improvements to carry over to all N-Trig-equiped Windows tablets and convertibles, since they use the same technology as Surface Pro.

Surface Pro 3 has a 2160 x 1440 display, weighs 1.76 lbs. and is 0.36" thick. Like previous Surface Pro tablets, it packs the power of an Ultrabook into a tablet. Preorders via Microsoft Store start at midnight tonight. You'll also be able to preorder it from Best Buy.

Yes, we will review it!

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 98 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2949

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage