MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
LuizGustavoBR

Reged: 06/18/14
Loc: California
Gaming laptop - 15'' - under U$1500
      #46599 - 06/19/14 11:31 PM

Hi guys,
I planing to buy a new laptop, a gaming laptop, and I have already looked for some specific models. I came here to get your opinion of each, or any other possibilities for what I want.
First, I look for something powerful, under 1500 dollars. It should be portable, but not light as air, and with a good size for the screen, which results into 15 inches.
I have already checked some models, and if I would pick a 17 inches I would pick the asus rog. Although, I can't find a model that made me fall in love yet regarding 15 inches. I'm going to list in order of interest and you help me choose which one is better, or give your opinions about each one.
The first would be the asus G550JK. Is it a portable model? Does it heat to much? Or have been showing any flaws? (Ps. What I'm mainly looking for in this thread is if any of the models that I became interested have any flaws.)
The second one would be the msi apache, but some people said that it heats a lot.
The last one that I saw would be the msi GT60 dominator, but I'll be sincere, it is ugly. It's kind of thick, and bulky.

That's pretty much it. I'm asking for your opinion, or if they have anything that is not written in the description by the sellers but is a con that may make me regret.

Thank you guys!

Ps.: Lisa, I'm a great fan of you, you have been helping me a lot with your reviews!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Gaming laptop - 15'' - under U$1500 [Re: LuizGustavoBR]
      #46602 - 06/22/14 12:37 AM

We just put up a review of the MSI GT60 on our YouTube channel. It's a 15' gaming laptop-- and definitely worth a look. We'll have a review up on our site in a week or so. The Asus G550JK is relatively portable for a powerful gaming-capable laptop, though it's not as high end in terms of graphics card as the MSI.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

LuizGustavoBR

Reged: 06/18/14
Loc: California
Re: Gaming laptop - 15'' - under U$1500 [Re: LisaG]
      #46608 - 06/23/14 04:58 PM

Thank you for the answer.
What do you think about the MSI GE60 Apache? It is kind of thin, but with a similar card to the GT60.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Gaming laptop - 15'' - under U$1500 [Re: LuizGustavoBR]
      #46617 - 06/25/14 02:21 PM

It looks to be a very sweet machine, but I haven't reviewed it, so I can't offer a definitive opinion.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1428

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage