MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
dany

Reged: 11/28/13
Loc: Washington
In search of perfect business laptop
      #46652 - 07/04/14 07:49 AM

I'm searching for the perfect business laptop. Ideally I'd want the following: 250g SSD, i7 processor, 8+ gigs of RAM, 14-15" high resolution screen, touch, Win 8 Pro with TPM, quiet (no noisy fan), decent keyboard and touchpad (this rules out Surface Pro 2 and 3), ability to easily dock into a full keyboard and monitor,... and the final component I can't find is the ability to use a stylus for uses such as filling out a PDF by pen on the screen (useful when on travel).

The closest I've found is the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro but it's 12.5" and not 14". Toshiba's new Tecra Z40 and Lenovo's T440S are also close but I don't think you can use a stylus to fill out a document (and the T440S has that loose and clicky touchpad). HP's system is also close but the screen resolution isn't good enough. If anyone knows of a solid all-around business machine hitting the above features with stylus ability, please write in.

Thank you,
Dany

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: In search of perfect business laptop [Re: dany]
      #46653 - 07/04/14 10:14 AM

Digital pens are uncommon on machines bigger than 13", and you'll often find them on even smaller displays. The Sony Vaio Flip 14 and 15, and the Acer Aspire R7 are the only that come to mind, and they target consumers rather than business. The Yoga 2 Pro lacks the pen digitizer, but the ThinkPad Yoga has one-- but as you noted it's 12.5". I won't suggest Surface Pro 3 since it's 12", but if you are still considering it, I'll say you can use any full size Bluetooth or USB keyboard you like, and MS has a dock forthcoming.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

dany

Reged: 11/28/13
Loc: Washington
Re: In search of perfect business laptop [Re: LisaG]
      #46798 - 08/03/14 12:54 PM

It looks like Fujitsu is now selling a high-end (and expensive) notebook that may hit on all cylinders: 13.3", high resolution, 256 SSD, Digital Pen that slides into the system and tethers, i7 chip, 8gb memory, Windows 8 pro with TPM, fingerprint reader, etc. It's the Fujitsu Lifebook T904.

If you happen have any insight on Fujitsu's keyboard, touchpad quality, and overall build quality, that would be helpful since I've never used one of their systems.

Maybe we need a Battle Royale between this new Fujitsu, the Thinkpad Yoga, and the Surface Pro 3?

Thank you!

Dany

Edited by dany (08/03/14 01:01 PM)

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: In search of perfect business laptop [Re: dany]
      #46800 - 08/04/14 09:39 AM

Fujitsu targets the business market, hence the high prices relative to competing models from other brands. They also don't have much of a review program, again maybe because they target a niche business market. I'd love to review the T94, which is an update of the T902, but it's not likely they'll have anything available. Quality is typically good and it has features for business users, but I think the price is very high even compared to the ThinkPad Yoga that also targets business first (though plenty of consumers buy ThinkPads). But if you like the old-fashioned swivel display, it's pretty much the only game left in town.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 677

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage