PHONE LAPTOP & TABLET GAMING GADGETS iPHONE & iPAD VIDEOS

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
ilovetofu

Reged: 07/08/13
Loc: USA
Feedback on Lisa's fantastic reviews
      #46779 - 07/29/14 06:57 PM

I hope I am posting this in the appropriate forum. I absolutely love Lisa's detailed, in-depth reviews. I just saw the one for the Dell Inspiron 11, however I don't see it mentioned on this site, nor can I find a written review to accompany the video review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haX6P3o_X78

Anyway, her review answered many questions for me that other reviewers (laptop mag, amazon reviewers) didn't, such as the version of Windows 8.1 that this runs (64 bit), whether it has a backlit keyboard (no), and if the hard drive and memory are upgradable (yes). So thank you Lisa!

The only remaining questions I have are regarding the power adapter: how bulky is it, and how much does it weigh? In my opinion, these are important details for a device that is meant to be ultraportable, and yet almost all reviewers leave that bit of information out, and I don't know why.

I can usually find this info by watching product unboxing videos, but unfortunately there currently aren't any for this machine. I can't find any photos of the power brick online either, and even the display model at my local Costco warehouse (where I learned about the existence of this hybrid Windows machine) has all the laptop power adapters hidden away behind the display case.

I'm not asking for an unboxing video, but it would be nice to see how much room I need to allow in my bag for the device and its power supply--both of which I would need to carry around for a typical day away from home. It does factor into my purchase decision, and I can't be the only one who thinks about this issue when it comes to ultraportables.

I based the purchase decisions for my Asus T100, MacBook Air, and Zenbook partially on how bulky (or not) the power adapters are, and whether they need a two-pronged or three-pronged outlet. I've used Dell machines in the past that had unwieldly bricks for power adapters, so it could be a potential deal breaker.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to Lisa's next review.

P.S., I would love to see a smack down between the Dell Inspiron 11 and the Lenovo Yoga 11!

Edited by ilovetofu (07/29/14 10:54 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2880

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage