Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
iPhone 8 Case Review: Caudabe Lucid Clear Case for iPhone 8/8 Plus Review
      #49923 - 10/17/17 03:35 PM

Caudabe Lucid Clear Case for iPhone 8/8 Plus Review

Mobile phone cases are generally evaluated based on three things: protection, bulkiness, and price. Many products in this market succeed by focusing on just one of these things, while a few can claim to be good at two. It is unusual, however, to find a case that is lightweight, provides drop-protection, and is inexpensive. Caudabe's Lucid Clear case is just such a unicorn.

The Lucid Clear case installs in seconds, and fits perfectly. Cutouts provide access to the Lightning Port, speakers, volume buttons, mute switch, and power button. Thanks to Apple's (as well as other manufacturers) recent commitment to water resistance, the days of bulky covered buttons and silicone port covers are long gone unless you need a truly waterproof case. For most of us, Apple's level of water resistance is plenty for everybody who doesn't intend to submerge their device, and this built-in level of protection has freed case manufacturers from finding tedious workarounds for things like the home button and headphone port. For this reason, I no longer identify cases that provide basic water resistance, nor do I downgrade cases that don't. But I digress... The Lucid Clear case is so lightweight as to make you believe that it will only protect from scratches and scuffs. However, Caudabe has gone the extra mile to construct this case from impact resistant thermoplastic polymer; the same material that is used to construct bulletproof "glass." It looks thin, it looks fragile, it looks brittle, but it has been drop-tested to 2m (6 feet). This is unheard of for a minimalist case, and I hope other manufacturers will follow suit. While there may be other lightweight cases on the market made of similar material, few if any claim any form of drop protection.

The Lucid Clear is available in three styles. While all of these are essentially clear, one features silver-colored accents and another gold. Lastly, it is competitively priced, considering its construction.

Summary
Caudabe's Lucid Clear line of cases are lightweight, stylish, affordable, and provide an unusually high level of drop protection for a case this thin and light. If clear cases are your thing, this is the one to get because it's the best I've seen.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 5
What's Hot: A minimalist clear case that has actually been drop-tested. Competitively priced. Three style options.
What's Not: Only fans of clear cases need apply.
Price: $24.95

Reviewed by: Tom Slayton

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

-----------------------------------------------------

---

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 1132 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4128

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage