MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Tips and How To's

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
You must be a registered user to post here.
      #7303 - 12/12/03 03:20 PM

Please register first before posting your company announcements and press releases.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
aimee

Reged: 03/03/06
Re: How can I transfer applications from cd on laptop onto lifedrive [Re: LisaG]
      #23735 - 05/02/06 08:00 PM

Hi. I got a great deal on a lot of medical software for pda that is all on one cd.
What is the fastest way to transfer the applications from my cd to my lifedrive?
I started to do one by one (it takes a long time) however now when I click on time to show available space it shows available memory 3.7G then device 0%. Did I install some programs onto RAM? I ask because now when I try to install it says memory full. How can I fix this and then reinstall 200+ medical programs onto my lifedrive. I need to be at work at 5am. (mountain)

Thanks

-Aimee

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: How can I transfer applications from cd on laptop onto lifedrive [Re: aimee]
      #23737 - 05/02/06 08:12 PM

Yes, it probably defaulted to installing applications into RAM. You'll need to delete some of those apps then use the Palm desktop installer to install them again. But this time, select the hard drive on the LifeDrive rather than internal memory/RAM. It does take time to install apps, but once you're done, you won't have to do it again, if that's any consolation. Windows .exe installers do need to be run one by one.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

aimee

Reged: 03/03/06
Re: How can I transfer applications from cd on laptop onto lifedrive [Re: LisaG]
      #23740 - 05/02/06 09:12 PM

Lisa,
Again.. you have saved me..Thank you so much. How can I delete from RAM? Additionally, how do I change to default from RAM to hard drive? Thanks again..

-Aimee

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Tong Zhang, LisaG 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 16459

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage