MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
lphraner

Reged: 01/03/04
I have a Bluetooth dream!
      #7662 - 01/03/04 10:33 AM

I resently bought a IPAQ 2215 and an IOGEAR GBU301 BT adapter for my PC and now I want more. I don't know if the Jabra Speakfree headset works because I can't find the headset profile for the PPC 2003 maybe I should just buy one and try it and then take it back if it doesn't work. but wouldn't that be cool if you could use it with the pocket voice cammand software by MS or the BT GPS sold for the IPAQ. I see someone wants to make a set of BT stereo headphones which would be great for sporting individuals that hate the tangle while running. I wish I could find out whether the MS BT wireless desktop keyboards and mouses work with the Ipaq just so you don't have to buy the extra pc version of the ppc software to be able to enter data on that software and I could do it in bed. Speaking of bed, my real dream is to have a BT (TAD) Telephone Answering device that automatically downloads the voice messages to my outlook notes. I like to keep the messages recorded by my girlfriend because I know I can't remember all the things she promised me today two months from now - wouldn't htat be a hot item.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: I have a Bluetooth dream! [Re: lphraner]
      #7684 - 01/03/04 07:45 PM

I've recently chatted with Jabra folks at a trade show on this topic. They told me that you did not test their BT headset with iPAQs. But sure, if you can return the headset, then buy one and try it. Logitech makes a BT headset and they claim that it works with iPAQs.

lphraner

Reged: 01/03/04
Re: I have a Bluetooth dream! [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #7724 - 01/05/04 10:23 AM

Tong,

Thanks for the info, can anyone confirm whether the MS BT desktop keyboard and mouse works with the Ipaq 2215. on another tread there was mention of it but it was unclear. Something about "perfered" and that Outlook syncs without activesync if you have theBT keyboard.

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: I have a Bluetooth dream! [Re: lphraner]
      #7740 - 01/05/04 07:56 PM

I have heard that it works, but I do not have the keyboard to try it with.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3686

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage