MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
magexx9

Reged: 01/19/04
Need some help deciding on PDA
      #8143 - 01/19/04 08:39 PM

Hi,
I just joined recently and need some help on buying a PDA. I'm a graduate student with two jobs and need to organize myself paperless. I mainly want to use it to keep a calendar of when I have class and work and other appointments as well as a task list of things I need to complete. I would also like to keep a contacts list too. I dunno if syncing with my computer is absolutely necessary b/c I don't use any software to do the stuff mentioned above. Any help would be greatly appreciated. btw I have been considering the Tungsten E but have not had enough time to fully research all that's available. I need to get one kinda quick so I can get organized.

Thanks so much

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
FMN
PDA Addict

Reged: 06/27/03
Re: Need some help deciding on PDA [Re: magexx9]
      #8145 - 01/20/04 01:42 AM

Sounds like you just need a basic PDA. All PDAs have address book, calendar, task and memo type of applications. So even you are blind folded you can pick one that does what you described. However, I do recommend that you either sync your PDA to your computer or back up the data on a storage card. Because if for some reason your loose your data, it's pretty hard to get it back if you don't have a back up. All PDAs also come with syncing software, Palm even offer storage cards that do the back up job for you.

I don't know if I can pick one out of the hat for you, but I would go with a Palm PDA on the list here. This site has great reviews of all these PDAs. Read them first.

http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/pilot.htm

magexx9

Re: Need some help deciding on PDA [Re: FMN]
      #8151 - 01/20/04 11:42 AM

Welp since I need this thing kinda quick it looks like I'm going with the Tungsten E. I'm gonna order it from www.newegg.com for $185. I have just one more question though, does it include any kind of case? If not should I get one of those as well? Which one?

Thanks,
magexx9

magexx9

#8152 - 01/20/04 11:51 AM

Crap! I hate buying new stuff. The Tungsten E is out of stock so.... for a little more money and what seems like a lot more added features I'm gonna get the Tungsten T2, but my questions about cases still apply.

Thanks,
Magexx9

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
      #8153 - 01/20/04 02:21 PM

We've actually looked at a few cases for the Tungsten T series, they are all the same size and fit. Here is our round up review:

http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/Palm_T3_cases.htm

Pages: 1

Extra information
1 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3103

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage