Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
Nigel

Reged: 11/20/03
My desktop is now slower!
      #8177 - 01/21/04 03:11 PM

Hi,

It seems that since I brought and installed my Ipaq 4150 my whole desktop has become slower. It may just be a coincidence, but I wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem.

I run a reasonably fast PC, a P4 2.1Ghz with 512 RDRAM and a 7200 rpm HD. However I do use a whole heap of (mainly) USB periperals and some background programs (Norton antivirus, a POP 3 server mail checker, a firewall, MSN Messenger, etc). I have set Activesync up to sync continuously.

As I said it may just be a coincidence and something else is causing it, but it all seemed to slow down when I installed and started using the Ipaq. Or at least I noticed then.

Any ideas or free diagnostic software links?

Regards,
Nigel.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: My desktop is now slower! [Re: Nigel]
      #8186 - 01/21/04 05:03 PM

I'd wager it's a coincidence. For years I've had ActiveSync set to continuously sync while the unit is in the cradle and I haven't experienced slowdowns. However, as a test you could un-install ActiveSync to see if your machine speeds up again. Usually an un-install doesn't remove partnerships, so you shouldn't have to start at square one again when you re-install ActiveSync.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2066

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage