Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Windows Phone

Pages: 1
Wolfthing

Reged: 02/11/04
Loc: London, UK
HP iPAQ 5550 vs OS XDA 2
      #8561 - 02/11/04 10:45 AM

I'm interested to know people's views on which would people go for and why - the iPAQ 5550 or the XDA2?

I have vast quantities of contact information (not just numbers but history too). Much of the information is sensitive, also having made do with the Palm Vx for years, I want to get "connected" - so Bluetooth/WiFi is a must for connecting to phone and home network (but would it be better to have the phone built in?).

Compact Flash would be a nice to have, and I know the iPAQ has an expansion sleeve - but with the release of 512Mb SD cards, I'd be happy to drop that requirement.

I use a company mobile phone (it's Vodafone), so I have limited flexibility over contract.

So far the iPAQ 5550 is winning.

I'd appreciate all views and comments.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: HP iPAQ 5550 vs OS XDA 2 [Re: Wolfthing]
      #8607 - 02/13/04 05:55 AM

So do you want a device that has a built-in mobile phone? The XDA II is a Pocket PC Phone Edition and makes sense if you'd like to combine a Pocket PC and mobile phone in one unit. The iPAQ 5555 is just a Pocket PC (no phone). If you want a phone, the XDA II certainly makes more sense. But if you're happy connecting via a WiFi access point at home/work/public venues that offer the service or via BT and your BT mobile phone, then the iPAQ 5555 is certainly a nice PPC.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6783

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage