Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
guru

Reged: 02/11/04
Extended warranty..is it worth taking?
      #8642 - 02/14/04 09:25 AM

Hi,

Many stores offer extended warranty (though with a high price) for PDAs..is it worth taking extended warranty? most people care about screens and I have been heard that it is costly to replace it? with HP is poor customer support (heard again from forums and customer reviews), doesn't it worth taking it? please help..if screen can be protected with careful use, are there any other genuine reasons for pocket PCs to have an extended warranty?

appreciate your help..

Guru

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Greg
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: Extended warranty..is it worth taking? [Re: guru]
      #8748 - 02/18/04 05:15 PM

If the warranty covers accidental screen breakage (read it to be sure) and you're concerned that you may break the screen, then do consider the warranty. Screens are quite expensive to replace.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

LloydB

Reged: 01/12/04
Re: Extended warranty..is it worth taking? [Re: Greg]
      #8852 - 02/23/04 02:27 PM

I was looking at both the HP and Dell sites and Dell offers a warranty which covers accidental damage to the PDA however the terms of the warranty are not on the website so it is not possible to see from this source whether the warranty covers accidental damage to the screen. The HP site makes no mention that they offer an accidental damage warranty.

Does anyone know for sure whether the Dell warranty offers cover for accidental damage to the screen and are there any other major PDA manufacturers who offer this kind of warranty. Yes, I know its best to find out direct from the manufacturer themselves but at this preliminary stage I want to avoid several lengthy phone calls and being kept hanging on the line for ages while some support team passes my call around in a telephone relay.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3764

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage