MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Sony Clie

Pages: 1
simple

Reged: 02/17/04
Will NetFront run on any Clie?
      #8700 - 02/17/04 12:20 PM

If not which Clie models will it run on? I need a PDA for online use only, and Netfront seems to be the best browser. Will it run on TJ's or do I have to spend a little more?

Thanks

Simple

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaG
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Will NetFront run on any Clie? [Re: simple]
      #8736 - 02/18/04 10:46 PM

You can't but it separately, so you'd need to buy a Clie that came with NetFront. You can look at the software specs on our PDA reviews to see which include NetFront, and for starters the UX, NX, NZ, TH55 and TJ37 come with NetFront. WiFi connections see slow on the TJ37 though so I'd avoid it if you're a heavy browser user over WiFi.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

LisaG
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Will NetFront run on any Clie? [Re: ]
      #8762 - 02/19/04 05:19 AM

Re: posting: I have a feeling it may've been a problem with cookies. We've moved hosting companies and your browser probably noticed the different. Deleting your cookie might help.

The TJ37 is supposed to be out in the next week, last I heard. Amazon is taking pre-orders and so is Sony.

16 megs on the NX80V isn't that bad since NetFront (a large app)Picsel viewer and other apps are in ROM, rather than in that 16 megs of RAM.

Blazer and Xiino are two other Palm OS browers that are available for purchase/download for use on any Palm OS device.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

simple

Reged: 02/17/04
Re: Will NetFront run on any Clie? [Re: LisaG]
      #8774 - 02/19/04 02:21 PM

Lisa, thank you so much! You have been great help, and you were exactly right about the cookie being blocked - hence I couldn't post. All fixed now, thanks to you.

I took a look at WebPro and Xiino and I figure that between the two I should be able to do a fare share of browsing. Since the tungsten t3 comes bundled with WebPro, has plenty of RAM and doesn't have a camera, like I wanted, that's what I'm going with.

Thanks for your help once again.

Simple

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3970

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage