MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
Tesgin

Reged: 08/21/03
ipaq hardware glitch? Screen glows after shutoff
      #8841 - 02/22/04 06:08 PM

I just bought an ipaq 4350. I love the thing.

I have been having some problems, though. I'm not sure how to tell if this is a hardware issue (if it is, I can exchange it at the store) or related to software issues (I have installed some freeware programs). My problems:

Sometimes (not always), after I have used wi-fi to synchronize with my home computer, the thing doesn't shut off properly. That is, when I turn off the power it "shuts off" but there continues to be a light blue "glow" behind the screen. This is not the standby mode. It is off. It doesn't come back on if I tap the screen. It's off. BUT, the screen glows for about four minutes -- there's clearly some kind of light on inside. Then it shuts off.

Also, I've had some problems with the screen just shutting off unexpectedly when I'm using it. I can get it back. At worst I can do a soft reset.

Is this just "par for the course" for PPCs? I never experienced this kind of problem with my Palm Tungsten E or IIIxe, which I used previously. Does this sound like a fluke, or do I just need to accept that this is part of being with the PPC operating system?

TB

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
00slevin

Reged: 12/02/03
Re: ipaq hardware glitch? Screen glows after shutoff [Re: Tesgin]
      #8843 - 02/22/04 10:26 PM

Dude, Same issue here. But mine is a little worse. I am now working on my second 4350. The first one I had had absolutly no sound. after some troubleshooting and thinking that i was crazy, it was determined that it was the speaker itself. That one I had the screen glow after i turned it off as well, Otherwise the thing worked great for the week and a half that I had it for. So I returned it and got a new one. This one worked wonders as well for about 5 days. then for some reason the screen kept going out of sync. then i was unable to tap the screen at all. also the battery at one point said 50% then went down to 0% I had to hard reset it and i charged the battery up in the separate charger and tried everthing all over. It worked for about 10 mins. thats it. I am now trying to exchange it woth a new one. As for the glowing screen after it turns off, I think it may be an issue that a lot of people are having. I just soft reset it and it fixes the problem. maybe hp will issue some sort of software patch for it.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2793

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage