MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
Moriarty

Reged: 12/18/03
Programming PPC2003?
      #8892 - 02/25/04 03:29 PM

Ok, there's MS SDK but then what? I can't see any compiler in VS that compiles to XScale... Do I have to go to Intel to get one?

How do I get started... Am I missing something here or is it a little bit more work than just a few clicks to start programming my iPaq 2210..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Moriarty

Re: Programming PPC2003? [Re: Moriarty]
      #8967 - 02/29/04 01:11 PM

none here programming the iPaq? Where do those guys hang out then?

Moriarty

Re: Programming PPC2003? [Re: ]
      #8991 - 03/02/04 02:52 AM

Thanks for the answer. I have done just what you proposed (at least I think so) but eVS/C++ does not offer any possibilities to compile to XScale processor, just the emulator and the ARM.

So, maybe I did something wrong or in the wrong order since XScale is not available as target... In the install directories of eVS I can't see anything indicating I have the binaries required to compile for XScale - hence I thought maybe I have to download the compiler for that target platform separately.

Guess I have to go back to square one and start reading those manuals a little better...

Again, thanks for the answer!

Moriarty

#8992 - 03/02/04 03:00 AM

Hmmm, maybe I missed this one...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=121E00BE-E0CF-4FA7-94B2-0CC6EFD47C79&displaylang=en

Edit: I'm not sure what I'm missing but the option to compile to other CPU's than ARM and emulator are grayed out (when starting new projects for instance). What do I do wrong?

Edit 2: A reinstall did not do the trick, but I am sure now I am doing something wrong. This time I could create and compile x86 projects for Windows CE but they did not run on the PDA. However, if I try to create a Windows Pocket PC 2003 application I only have Emulator and ARM as target CPU's. I feel so stupid, I should know these things...

Edited by Moriarty (03/02/04 04:19 AM)

Moriarty

Re: Programming PPC2003? [Re: ]
      #8996 - 03/02/04 04:22 AM

AH, ok... (look at edit 2).

Thing is no matter how I try to do it nothong will run on my iPaq 2210. In the end that is the goal so I want it to work before I waste time on some nifty app...

thanks for the links, I will do a search when I have the time! I'll get back here if I find anyting useful.

Moriarty

#8997 - 03/02/04 04:53 AM

Wierd... now it works... I'm pretty sure it didn't do that before... third install and I'm good to go

Now its time to start programming for real! )

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6282

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage