Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
DavidA

Reged: 02/25/04
Loc: Texas
4150 WiFi, Some Basic Questions
      #8980 - 03/01/04 10:49 AM

Help me understand what I am seeing ....

Turning "on" WiFi from the iPAQ 4150 wireless screen, WLAN icon turns green, green LED flashes, then after 15 - 20 seconds, the <>x icon on the nav bar changes to <> (<> = double arrows). HP documentation states the <> does not necessarily mean there is a connection ... if so, then how do I know for sure when I do have a connection?

When I look at the settings/ connections/ advanced/ network card, I see "tmobile" and "dci" on the wireless networks list. I understand the tmobile (it becomes active when I'm close to Starbucks for instance, just as I expect). I can not figure out the "dci", it seems to frequently be "available" in locations i would not expect a WiFi network. Additionally I have not been able to get "dci" to provide me any access (it's probably some kind of closed network??)

If my iPAC does "grab" one of the wireless networks on the wireless networks list, how do I disconnect from that network and force the iPAC to another network on the list?

Finally, is there recommended software to more easily scan for and identify available networks?

David A.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ken_Malaysia

Reged: 12/16/03
Re: 4150 WiFi, Some Basic Questions [Re: ]
      #9149 - 03/08/04 08:14 PM

Hi David

Lisa replied u regarding the Bluetooth modem...
hope u saw it...

As for me, I normally stop by hotspots which provide services and download whenever there is a chance. However, I do agree in some remote areas, WIFI is unheard of and clearly the Bluetooth modem is a MUST.

Good Luck
regards
ken

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3990

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage