MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Pocket PC General Discussion

Pages: 1
quazz

Reged: 03/01/04
iPAQ 1940 or Toshiba e400?
      #8989 - 03/01/04 11:21 PM

Well, I've finally ruled out Palm from my choice of PDAs and those two cost about the same price (the e400 is 20$CAN less) so it isn't really an issue.

I've read around this forum and I've looked for review around the net so these are pretty much my two final choices. But if you have other suggestion at the same price or less, feel free to say so.

Both do pretty much everything I want, so wich one would you suggest? SNES emulation is an "important" point for me (wich is why I ruled out the iPAQ 1935), wich one will give me the better result? I know that it won't be perfect, but I really don't mind turning sound quality down and missing a frame every now and then. Wich one has the best "gaming" pad?

Oh, and finally, I can't seem to find as much info on the Dell Axim X3 BASIC. And it does cost less (although I haven't seen it available in any store around here). I've read a few bad thing about it though. Is it founded and should I forget about this model?

Any comment appreciated.

The e400 doesn't have a user replacable battery. How much does changing one cost and how often should I need to do it? Can I do it myself (even if it would mean loosing my warranty)?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: iPAQ 1940 or Toshiba e400? [Re: quazz]
      #9034 - 03/03/04 07:58 PM

If you're really into SNES games, the e400, which is otherwise a fine device, isn't the right one for you. It has a bit of button lag which can be annoying playing arcade and action games.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

biker128pedal

Reged: 03/03/04
Loc: VA
Re: iPAQ 1940 or Toshiba e400? [Re: LisaG]
      #9153 - 03/09/04 12:08 PM

I saw Circuit City has the e405 for $199 after a $100 rebate. I don't see it online but at the store. I was looking at both of these before I settled on the Tungsten E. The e405 is a little longer then the 1940. For me it was close. I like the Pocket PC screen and interface and there are Cad type programs for the PPC but for me for the money the Tungsten E it did everything I needed except the Cad programs. And for this I mostly view so I can make a pdf. The bottom line was the cost of the PPC. Oh I did not want voice recording.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4407

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage