MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
guru

Reged: 02/11/04
IPAQ battery life..a big concern?
      #9314 - 03/14/04 06:54 PM

I have almost made up my mind to buy IPAQ 4155 (after nearly two months of research) when saw a TOP 100 reviewer comment on Amazon.com (I do not know how I missed this column)about the battery life of IPAQ pds, in general 4155. In his opinion, even the basic operations (like checking calenders, etc) consumes too much battery and is necessary to charge the battery every night. The comment causes a big concern to me who intend to use it for mainly basic operations. The cause of concern is more as the comment came from the TOP 100 reviewer in Amazon.com (whatever it means !). Any such experience for people out there? Please advise..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ken_Malaysia

Reged: 12/16/03
Re: IPAQ battery life..a big concern? [Re: guru]
      #9316 - 03/14/04 08:10 PM

Hi Guru

I bought a 4150 (basically the same series) and I can confirm from experience, general usage does not consume battery too much. However, these are the simple guidelines, which must be followed ....

1) Do not activate your WLAN unnecessarily
2) Put speaker volume to as low as u can accept.
3) put the auto backlight off when not in use for "x" minutes
4) activate the auto switch off machine if not used for " m" minutes...
5) Do not put the backlight to maximum brightness...

Also..do not worry of over charging the bat..it cuts off automatically...so when u can..just plug it to the power...and leave it there

For example, I was using it to listen to MP3 for at least 4 hours via earphone and I only need to charge it every 2 days...

However, using WLAN, knocks the battery down to 30% within 1 -2 hours...depending how new is the battery....

enjoy..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2916

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage