Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Software

Pages: 1
biker128pedal

Reged: 03/03/04
Loc: VA
PalmReader Preferences
      #9419 - 03/19/04 09:48 PM

I have been using the PalmReader program that came with my Tungsten E. The Handbook shows ways to change the preferences in the options menu. But I cannot find this feature or some of the other features in the Handbook provided on the disk. The Palmone support website for PalmReader was no help. It only really covers how to buy and download documents. Is there a trick to setting the preferences or is this the lite version? There is no "about" for the program to tell the version. The only thing under options is "Delete Cache" and this deletes the Cache on the expansion card. I know it takes up 849k.

Thanks

Mike

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaG
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: PalmReader Preferences [Re: biker128pedal]
      #9460 - 03/21/04 03:13 PM

I've not seen a delete cache option in PalmReader, only in the web browser. Tap near the top of the screen when in Palm Reader to bring up its menus (all Palm apps work that way).

There are two versions of Palm Reader and Palm Reader Pro. However the free version has plenty of features. You might want to download the latest version from www.palmdigitalmedia.com. You'll probably also find support for the app there, since they're the ones that make it rather than PalmOne.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

biker128pedal

Reged: 03/03/04
Loc: VA
Re: PalmReader Preferences [Re: LisaG]
      #9472 - 03/22/04 05:15 PM

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded the free PalmReader. I all the Menu of the Pro for 15 days. I guess after that it will drop back to the free version. I'll write back. The version that came with the Tunsten E did had the option to delete the cache.

Mike

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3725

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage