MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
PHONE LAPTOP & TABLET GAMING GADGETS iPHONE & iPAD VIDEOS

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
SlickXQ

Reged: 03/24/04
h2215, 5455, or tungsten t3? suggestions?
      #9501 - 03/24/04 01:15 AM

Hi all, this will be my first pda, I'm really excited I'm gadget freak but have been holding off getting a pda till they can do what I want'm too...but I don't feel like waiting a hundred years for holograms to be pop'n out and giving me my to-do list lol. So I'm thinking of getting a used pda(can't afford new) I've found several decent priced ones and can't decide between the ipaq 2215, 5455, or the palm Tungsten T3.

I've read countless reviews on the net and can't really get a good feel for how they really are.

Deal is I've used'm in the store for a few minutes but cause I've never used one before I don't really know what I'm looking for to test it out. I want all the usual stuff, bluetooth+ wifi(which I don't mind upgrading myself, not deciding factor), gps, normal programs like memos, agenda, calender and microsoft office compatibility. and good software on the market.

I'd like to surf the net on it too(love the T3's landscape mode) but how do pages handle when in portrait? I've never seen that so no idea.

The other options I want are good video playback for movies and tvshows, video picture quality and smooth running. Also something that can display pictures like jpegs.

Screen quality i'm assuming these 3 are decent range.

I am slightly leaning toward the 2215 cause of the extra CF slot(nothin like cheap expandable memory ) but don't know if spending an extra 50-80bucks is worth upgrading to a 5455 or T3 just for something that won't be obsolete to point where I'll need to upgrade too soon.

of course I know palm is mac compatible and since i'm getting a mac next year, are ipaq compatible?

Now, between the 5455 and 5555, am I better off waiting a few months till I have enough money for a used one of the higher model? or are they not significantly different enough?

Operating systems, palm seems streamlined and nice, I'm not too familiar with ipaq's. And between the two ipaq models(2215, 5455) do they run the same?

Thanks so much, I'd love to hear your suggestions.
-Nik

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: h2215, 5455, or tungsten t3? suggestions? [Re: SlickXQ]
      #9568 - 03/27/04 06:04 AM

While the Palm is Mac compatible, Pocket PCs aren't. You'd need to buy MissingSync for Pocket PC from www.markspace.com to sync.

The 2215 is a great machine, and you can buy a CF WiFi card for a reasonable price. The T3 is a very nice unit, and the landscape option is sweet. The 5455 has been discontinued for a while, so I'm not sure it's the best one to buy unless you crave its particular features (i.e.: biometric security).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 27 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2335

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage