MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
PHONE LAPTOP & TABLET GAMING GADGETS iPHONE & iPAD VIDEOS

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Ged

Reged: 03/26/04
Moving from Palm to IPAQ
      #9549 - 03/26/04 02:58 PM

Folks

Have had a Palm V for the last 4 years. It's been adequate for my uses and it's now faling to bits. I like the look of the Ipaq's and have been looking at 2210/2215 and the 4150/4155. The only differences I can see are the 4150 series has built in wi-fi and an SD slot. The 2210 doesn't have wi-fi and has a CF slot instead..

I want a day to day, appt scheduler, music player, image viewer and video player/ games. I will use the email, not sure about the bluetooth function and am clueless regarding Wi-fi. To date it appears to be active in coffee shops and airports..Where else do people use it from a recreational viewpoint.( UK )

Also, is there a big advantage/disadvantage between the CF and SD cards..The prices for each model UK side range from ?210 - 2210 upto ? 290 - 4150. I'm leaning towards the 2210 for my needs but as usual am concerned regarding its longevity for the next couple of years.

Finally I am relocating to New Zealand in about 5 months and don't think they have a great wireless system, hence i'm leaning towards the 2210..

ANY advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ged

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Moving from Palm to IPAQ [Re: Ged]
      #9567 - 03/27/04 05:57 AM

The 2210/2215 has both a CF and SD slot. CF memory cards are cheaper than SD, so that might be attractive. Also, there are more I/O cards available in CF format (GPS, WiFi, Ethernet and modem). The 2215 is a very nice and powerful unit, so if it appeals to you, go for it. You can always purchase a WiFi card later on if you decide you have a need for it.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Ged

Reged: 03/26/04
Re: Moving from Palm to IPAQ [Re: LisaG]
      #9608 - 03/29/04 09:22 AM

LisG

Thx for taking the time to help out on my query. I've gone for the 2210 as you suggested. Didn't need the wifi and when I do will put a card into the 2210.

On a different topic I was really surprised to see the lack of general help across the board. On many many topics, there are between 100 and 200+ views but no replies apart from your own..Either there are a bunch of newbies reading the boards or just a bunch of unhelpful people? It's a pity as the knowledge that exists from first hand usage of these products far outweighs the marketing blurb that goes along with them..

Thanks again for your help and keep on posting

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 23 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3062

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage