MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
PHONE LAPTOP & TABLET GAMING GADGETS iPHONE & iPAD VIDEOS

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
naked

Reged: 03/29/04
Ready to buy a palm.. but what about future palms?
      #9609 - 03/29/04 03:51 PM

I just recently got married. I am also a student. I currently have a nice laptop, but my wife has a nice Dell desktop that is more than enough of a computer. So I don't really use my laptop anymore. So I am going to probably sell my laptop(hoping to get 2500 at least), and buy a nice PDA. I am getting a free Zire w/ keyboard shortly that I am going to experiment with. But with the extra money from my laptop I would like to buy a nice, newer pda. I am currently looking at not spending more than 300 for it. But I am looking at the Tungsten E and the Clie TH55. But these two units seem to be the first to have Enhanced PIM and the really nice slate style screens. I don't want to purchase a new PDA and then the next month a new one comes out that is packed full of better specs and applications. So is there some secret website with info on hints of upcoming pda's? Or does anyone know anything? I just don't want to get the T3 or TH55 and then have some Enhance REVOLUTIONIZED PIM software change come out that makes mine look like crap.

So that aside, anyone have any good recommendations for me? I am considering the T3 over the TH55 because of the proc difference. But the TH55 does have a digicam and wifi. I don't think I will ever use the bluetooth on the T3.

I'd like the TH55 w/ the T3 proc. And then take away the digicam.

But anywho.

Thanks all.

Luke

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Ready to buy a palm.. but what about future pa [Re: naked]
      #9622 - 03/29/04 11:38 PM

I've been using the T3 as my daily PDA with an external keyboard that's full size QWERT keyboard. I love it very much!

As for next gen devices, there will like be some high end devices running Palm OS 6 and others running OS 5. The enhanced PIMs aren't built into the OS, they are like perks added by Sony and PalmOne to sell their devices. The nature of the market is that there always will be something newer and better coming out. We usually review the new devices when or before they come out on the market.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 15 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2086

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage