MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
pdabouy

Reged: 03/17/04
IPAQ 4150 SD Memory Problems @ 256meg
      #9811 - 04/05/04 06:24 PM

Has anyone heard of or experienced a SD card problem. I have the Sandisk SD 256 32X card and have loaded a bunch of MP3s and mpegs. Some other files like pdf's also. It has happened to me three times. The problem I experienced is the SD card would get garbled data, and some data and folders get corrupted. Is it something I did, do you have to turn off the unit 1st before removing the SD card ? I did either method, and still experienced this problem. Faulty card or is this a common problem ? Is there any preparation for the SD card prior to use with the 4150,ie formatting etc. Any suggestions or ideas are most welcomed.

thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ken_Malaysia

Reged: 12/16/03
Re: IPAQ 4150 SD Memory Problems @ 256meg [Re: pdabouy]
      #9815 - 04/05/04 10:52 PM

Hi

My experience was

a)I had a 64 attached to the camera before I bought the 4150.
When I slot it in later...it did not detect...
up till now..I have no idea why...but this card is sometimes not detectable in my camera as well...so..I still maintain..the card is faulty...

b) I later bought a 256 SD and when I slot it in..it detected immediately and I have no problem with this one....the 64 above remains..unreadable....I dod not try with another SD so far...but I assume there is no problem...

I would assume that it works as well like the Hard disk....
if you say it gets garbled...I would assume
a) your hardware is have an inconsistent flow of elcetricity surges...which is unlikely but still.....

b) your SD card is not functioning properly...if for instant some part of the memory is OUT OF SYNC, then what is recorded is not what you get later...
I suspected the SD card has some technological hurdle, which can be seen in this case...
which will become OBVIOUS when you use PDA but still acceptable, when used with camera for example...

go to shop..get a new SD card...try transferring some songs and pictures over and then take it out again...and see if it works...my best advise...

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: IPAQ 4150 SD Memory Problems @ 256meg [Re: pdabouy]
      #9829 - 04/06/04 02:17 PM

I'd also suggest reformatting the card. Just like a hard drive, the FAT and directory structure can become corrupted, and re-formatting the card will fix this problem.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

pdabouy

Reged: 03/17/04
Re: IPAQ 4150 SD Memory Problems @ 256meg [Re: LisaG]
      #9838 - 04/06/04 06:39 PM

Folks, I've found something of very interesting info from another site exlaining the possibilities of my problem. I'v formatted the SD card with a program called CNETx Flash Format. So enjoy this site if not already aware of. Suspect the Axim folks would really gain somemore info...

http://sdprob.aximsite.com/

in the meantime, the SD card is still running okay for now...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4118

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage