MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Software

Pages: 1
Fahad

Reged: 11/19/03
Java Based Applications - Installation issue
      #9913 - 04/10/04 12:37 PM

I have found a number of Java based application which doesn't have .prc files. Those applications have .jad or .jar files. Can any one tell me how to install such applications on a Palm OS device having palm OS 5.2.1

Further more, i have downloaded the update of Java which was offered by Palm for free, it has a installer too, but its doesn't work with .jar or .jad files. That installer is capapble of downloading applications directly from the web. But whenever I try to download, it gives a network error message. At times it gives the fatal error too. I am using Softick PPP also.

One thing more i want to add here... the sample applciation which r available on Palm support website, works properly, becuase they have a .prc file.

Thanks in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Fahad

Reged: 11/19/03
Re: Java Based Applications - Installation issue [Re: Fahad]
      #10034 - 04/14/04 10:20 PM

hi again,

I want to add one thing more, I have have been to PalmOne Java support web site, and they have mentioned the .jar and .jad files, according to them, these application files can be installed b using the Java browser, that comes alng with the Java plugin provided by PlamOne. I tried again, but it donesn't work, it gives fatal error and i have to reset my device.

any comments ,, people ,,,

regards.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3536

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage