MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
ghostwheel

Reged: 04/24/04
wireless HELP !!!!
      #10366 - 04/28/04 09:43 PM

i just picked up a brand new 2215 and a sandis 128 wireless card and for the live of me i cant get the wireless to work... i installed the sofware via my pc and it show as being install but the card wil not go active.. i have tried reinstalling, soft reseting, puting the care in and out many diffrent combnations if anyone has and experance with this card please ... please help ..

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
hermano

Reged: 05/15/04
Re: wireless HELP !!!! [Re: ]
      #10960 - 05/15/04 07:58 PM

I have a D-Link DCF-660W wireless CF Card which doesn't work in my pocket pc anymore. When I insert the card, the green light would flash only once, and the Pocket PC does not recognize the card. So first thing I did was to soft reset the pocket pc, but it still wouldn't recognize the card, even though it used to work before just fine. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for the card, still no luck. It gave the "unrecognized card" error. Tried installing different drivers from D-Link's website, no luck. Then I hard reset the pocket pc to default settings, reinstalled the driver, but the pocket pc still wouldn't recognize the card. The drivers installs fine, but when you insert the card, the green light flashes once and stops, no response. But I thought that the problem didn't lie with the CF slot on the Pocket PC, because I have a SanDisk Compact Flash memory card which works fine! For that reason I thought the Wireless Card was faulty, so a few weeks ago I went and bought a new Linksys wireless CF card, installed the drivers, inserted the card, but the Pocket PC wouldn't pick it up, also one green flash on the card, and then it stops.

I need your help please. I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps in my manuals for the pocket pc, the wireless cards and on all the troubleshooting help on your website, but I'm still having problems.

Your help and assistance will be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Herman

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5726

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage