MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
M_M

Reged: 06/15/04
My choices
      #12139 - 06/15/04 08:23 PM

Hi all,

This is my first post here. I have been using PDAs since pre Palm days. I was just given a Clie TJ-37 as a gift (I gave him his first Casio PDA many years ago).

Although I like it (kills my current Visor Deluxe) I have a couple weeks to exhange it if I want. I also own a Sony Ericsson bluetooth phone so BT would be nice; cool for ease of use with BT headet and nice to have internet connection always available (though I can get internet by linking phone via infrared). That said when I can find a free wifi spot (rare I guess), it is great.

So here is what I am considering,

1. Just keep the TJ-37. It's small and sweet, though no BT and short battery life.

2. Upgrade to TH-55. Battery runs down fast on the TJ37. Especially with wifi or listening to audible books. Double the power time would be nice. Larger screen with soft grafitti area would also be sweet.

3. Switch to Zire 73 or T3 to get BT.

4. Jump ship. Go to Pocket PC and buy Dell Axim X30 with BT and WIFI. I've never used PPC so I am hesitant to leave old tried and true Palm OS; though it looks pretty good on casual inspection.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
M_M

Reged: 06/15/04
Re: My choices [Re: M_M]
      #12159 - 06/16/04 11:57 AM

Well I just found out I have to do this exchange by tomorrow!! I am down to either the T3 or the TH55. With T3 I get BT, large bright screen, fast CPU. With TH55 I get large screen, better battery life, and WIFI.

I mostly need PDA functions and ability to play audible books. WIFI is sweet if you have access to hotspots but since I have a BT phone I think BT is the way to go. Hence I'm leaning to the T3.

Any opinions fron experienced users? Anyone out there that who has used both?

Edited by M_M (06/16/04 12:14 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1787

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage