Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
DavidRi

Reged: 09/28/04
Mac synching: Palm 500, Sony-Ericsson T610, Mac Address book
      #15905 - 09/29/04 06:58 AM

Hello, all--

I'm switching to a Mac and want to do the following-- seems simple, but has issues throughout.

My main interest is in keeping contacts on my Mac and synching with my Palm 500. Mark-Space helps there, but Address Book seems a bit under-powered, at least compared to Windows Outlook. Two things I'm missing: a way to create custom fields that correspond to my 4 current user-defined custom fields in Outlook (and on my Palm.) Second, Apple's Address Book doesn't seem to have a good way to associate multiple e-mail addresses (like a husband's and wife's) with multiple display names in a single record. Every time I send a note to "jim@aol.com," I'd prefer not to see "Jim and Jane Smith." Any advice on either?

Of course, I could use Entourage. But the problem with that idea is that Entourage doesn't support Bluetooth, which is how I synch to my Sony Ericsson T610, where I often enter new phone numbers. That phone works great with Apple's Address book (as well as with OUtlook on the PC, which I'm trying to leave.)

So.... what to do? Can I solve Address Book's problems? Can Entourage synch with a Sony phone on a record-level basis? or maybe Palm Desktop on the Mac solves my problems-- can I use taht to synch with my Sony phone, as well as with my Palm?

Thanks for any help.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1761

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage