MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Software

Pages: 1
benclark66

Reged: 02/04/05
question from a beginner
      #19065 - 02/05/05 01:27 AM

I just bought a zire 31 to keep some medical info and addresses on. I downloaded epocrates from their site (a smooth transaction) but then i tried to download (and sync) Mobile Merck Medicus as well as the PDR download I had at home. I came across a message both times and have no clue what it means (again I am new at this so bear with me).
the zire has 16MB of memory on the handheld and I bought a Sans "disk" with 256MB on it.
The message that kept coming up was, "there is no application on the organizer to handle this file (0x4005)". the mobile merck medicus file was 7.33MB and the PDR was 1.41MB.
I tried to research this on my own and found very little information. What i did gather was that maybe a need a "card reader" for these apps???
any information would be greatly appreciated as i am lost in cyberspace here. thanks.
ben

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
GregModerator
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/28/02
Re: question from a beginner [Re: benclark66]
      #19166 - 02/14/05 04:05 AM

You shouldn't need a card reader. But you might need to check the installation instructions for those apps to see if there's anything you need to do differently when installing them and their databases on an SD card rather than internal memory. It sounds like you installed the database but not the application from that error message.

--------------------
Mobile Tech Review
http://www.mobiletechreview.com

Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/24/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: question from a beginner [Re: benclark66]
      #19239 - 02/18/05 05:42 PM

It sounds like you tried to install the data files without installing the reader that accesses them. You simply need to go to wherever you obtained the databases and get and install the reader for them on the handheld. Chances are that the databases can go on the card that you bought. ePocrates takes up a huge amount of RAM and doesn't work on the card.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

neo979
PDA Addict

Reged: 02/11/05
Re: question from a beginner [Re: Tanker_Bob]
      #19694 - 04/10/05 05:05 AM

This symptom can also appear in some cases if you have installed the reader but never run it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6007

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage