MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
PIMan

Reged: 03/29/05
Am I expecting too much of the rx3115's display???
      #19595 - 03/29/05 07:30 AM

First post greets to all! I have recently purchased my first pda ever. My friend convinced me to to take the plunge illustrating all the nifty features of his iPAQ hx2755.

My pockets aren't as deep as his so I saved up a bit, checked out the reviews here on the site, and bought something in my budget...the rx3115.

I compared his display to mine. His was sharper, more crisp with a great deal of contrast, and saturated with color out of box. I wouldn't say my display is fuzzy but seems to lack all of the above and seems diffused in a way like a mature analogue tv. FYI, I bought this unit new.

I tried playing around with the settings but nothing seemed to work. Anyone have any advice? Is there a way to adjust the contrast, color saturation, and/or screen resolution? If so, how do I go about doing it? Or am I expecting too much from my unit (I hope not...the review said it had a good display )??? Thanks for any feedback I receive.

Regards,
PM

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Am I expecting too much of the rx3115's display??? [Re: PIMan]
      #19716 - 04/12/05 07:54 PM

If you take a look at our iPAQ hx2750 review, you'll notice that I rave about the display. It is all the things you've noted- extremely (almost too) sharp, contasty, bright and color saturated. There's nothing you can do to make the 3115 look as good, though it does have a very nice display itself. It's just that the iPAQ 2750 Pocket PC has an amazing display that beats most others-- as it should, given the price!

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3607

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage