MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
JohnD

Reged: 06/21/05
A question about the rx3715 Video recorder.
      #20329 - 06/21/05 10:27 PM

I got the 3715 mainly for it's functions as a nice music/video player, and the fact that it was a nice thing to keep me organized. I didn't care much for the camera, but it does turn out suprizingly good pictures (for a PDA) and the video record thing was pretty great... Untill I heard the sound. Now I know there is a sound on/off botton, but no matter what I do I can't raise the sound quality (and I know it can be better since it records pretty good sound for the notes function). Now I wouldn't complain if the sound was at least decent, but it's terrible! It not only sounds bad, but it is high at some parts and deep at the others. People who speak sound like chipmunks and then a second later their voices are deep! This only adds to the terrible noise that comes out of these videos.

So far I have not found anything to change the sound settings for the video, but if there is some way please tell me! Because this is quite a nice function and I want to use it to its full potential.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: A question about the rx3715 Video recorder. [Re: JohnD]
      #20373 - 06/25/05 02:06 AM

It sounds more like the audio isn't being recorded at the right rate- just like a record being sped up and slowed down so voices go from chipmunk-like to very low. It may be the PDA is having a hard time keeping up the recorded frame rate and audio rate for videos. We didn't have that problem on ours... there is no separate audio recording quality that I can recall for that model.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3013

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage