Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
agenthayes

Reged: 06/22/05
usb device not recognized - XP
      #20346 - 06/22/05 06:58 PM

Hello,

After synching succesfully many times, now Windows XP SP2 will not communicate with the Tungsten 2E Palm Pilot. Windows produces the error "USB device not recognized" when attempting to synch. In the past, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the USB Controller drivers and have reset the Palm Pilot to get past this problem, but this time nothing works.

I have changing nothing. But, I am logging into two Windows profiles and synching at these two profiles. In other words, I have been logging into Windows as myself, synching and logging off, then logging in as another user and synching some Outlook Tasks which are being shared.

thanks a million in advance

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
deegg

Reged: 04/05/05
Re: usb device not recognized - XP [Re: agenthayes]
      #20350 - 06/23/05 08:22 AM

I am not so framiliar with PDA bluetooth, but i do know that symbian series 60 bluetooth really messes up with SP 2.

try uninstalling SP2 then installing Bluetooth, getting everything working- then reinstalling SP2.

Anyways, thats just my 2 cents, it may not work, and uninstalling sp2 might mess things up, so you might wanna seek other advice.

sorry if i couldnt help more

--------------------

Got gaming news? Send it to gaming_news@mobiletechreview.com

MobileTechReview.com
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: usb device not recognized - XP [Re: deegg]
      #20357 - 06/23/05 07:17 PM

You might try re-installing the Palm driver itself (called PalmUSBD.sys and located in the Windows/System32 folder). Delete it and Palm Desktop/Hotsync should automatically re-install it from the USB_Driver folder inside your PalmOne folder.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: N. Virginia
      #20462 - 07/06/05 01:35 PM

I've had this happen, and there are a number of approaches to solve the issue. The easiest is simply to restart your computer with the PDA NOT in the cradle/sync cable. If that doesn't work, try unplugging the USB connection, restart the PC, then plug the USB cradle/sync cable into the computer with the PDA connected. One of these always works for me. This problem rarely happens on my XP SP2 box, though.

If you have the Widcomm BT drivers installed, you are asking for USB problems. For some reason, Widcomm BT drivers seem to conflict with XP SP 2 USB connections. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt, twice.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

htmanning

Reged: 07/09/05
      #20504 - 07/09/05 10:50 PM

I would uninstall everything (Palm Desktop etc.), reboot and install again. I'd also reset the Palm before reinstalling. A pain, I know..but the only real way of making sure everything is in there fresh.

Hope that helps.

Tom

Edited by LisaG (02/08/07 10:10 AM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 13876

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage