MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Accessories

Pages: 1
bilagaana

Reged: 07/16/05
Warning on PDair Aluminum case
      #20574 - 07/16/05 11:51 AM

Having recently purchased the HP iPAQ HX4705, I read the editor's reviews of cases and, wanting the best protection for the unit, ordered the PDair aluminum model. I will concur with the evaluation of this case's durability and general construction. However, there is one serious design issue which prospective purchasers should consider. When the case is closed, the lip of the cover prevents the device sliding out. On the other hand, when the cover is open the PPC is easily slid into and out of the case. The neoprene insert provides sufficient cushioning, but nearly eliminates friction. This means that when the device is in use (the cover open), it is completely unsecured. In outdoor use or under bright lighting users commonly tilt the unit to reduce glare on the screen. With the PDair, your PPC will rapidly slide out of this case. In addition, the cover is held closed only by a friction clasp. If dropped, it is most likely that the cover will open and the unit will be ejected from the case. My iPaq has already suffered damage in just this type of incident. Even the most careful user will experience minor accidents. Presumably, a case should provide protection not only from normal abrasion and mild impacts, but also from moderate drops. The PDair case does well in the first two but is completely unacceptable in the latter. I will be replacing this case with a secure leather model.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Tong Zhang, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3272

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage