MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
newpdaguy1

Reged: 09/28/05
IPAQ 3115 compatible keyboards?
      #21257 - 09/28/05 01:56 PM

I read through some of the related posts and looked at the pda keyboard reviews section of this website which is informative but lacks specifics as to model compatibility.

I would like to save some money if possible and need to know specifically which keyboards will work with my new HP IPAQ 3115. The only one I can find that specifically mentions compatibility with this particular keyboard is the HP one. The reviews section merely says that keyboards work with most models but I need some more specific recommendations before I order one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: IPAQ 3115 compatible keyboards? [Re: newpdaguy1]
      #21288 - 10/02/05 12:02 AM

The Think Outside Stowaway IR keyboard reviewed on this site will work, as will their Bluetooth keyboard: http://www.mobiletechreview.com/tips/keyboards.htm . Though these might not be cheaper than HP's own.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

newpdaguy1

Reged: 09/28/05
Re: IPAQ 3115 compatible keyboards? [Re: LisaG]
      #21315 - 10/07/05 01:39 PM

I ordered the Think Outside IR Keyboard for my HP rx3115 for about $45.

It will do what I want it to do but some initial out of the box observations are...

1. The Pda doesn\\\'t really lock into the keyboard very well, it just kind of sits there

2. The IR antenna needs to be aligned very, very, very close to the IR on the PDA, which makes issue number one more important.

So you couldn\\\'t use this on the bus or driving in a car or anywhere that movement is a big issue. If you can set it on a flat, immobile surface it will work.

Question for someone who knows such things. Will stronger batteries (2aaa) like the newer long lasting Lithium ones provide a better IR signal?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4207

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage