Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Pocket PC General Discussion

Pages: 1
ferdinand

Reged: 01/11/06
Microsoft ActiveSync and Podcasts on an Orange SPV C500
      #22291 - 01/11/06 12:01 PM

Hello all, and thanks for providing the forum

I'm listening to a small range of podcasts on my Windows Mobile phone, and I'm trying to get properly set up so that there is no manual intervention needed.

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP or Server 2003 (3 separate PCs - any of which I can use if needs must), and Windows Mobile 2003 on an Orange SPV C500 (same as Audiovox SMT 5600 but has Windows Media Player 9 rather than 10). The memory card is 512Mb. I'm running ActiveSync 3.8.

I'm looking for either:

A) an RSS aggregator that can download podcasts directly to the phone.

or

B) a package which will automatically synchronise a directory on the PC each morning with one on the phone without my intervention.

Unfortunately this particular phone does not support synchronisation of files via Activesync :-( , and the WMP9 limitation stops me doing a Sync within that App.

I've played with about 6 "syncing" packages, and a few RSS Browsers that run on the phone itself (e.g., Smart RSS - unstable, Skookum - slow and unreliable, Feeder Reader - Pocket PC only, several others that demand a direct connection rather than via a PC - too expensive here and I'm paying), but nothing will yet do the job. It's a black art trying to find out what will run on what.

Downloading podcasts to the PC is no problem (using Nimiq at the moment), and I'm putting podcasts on the phone manually every few days, via a single-click sync using a package called Cassioware Sync Explorer - but that's a bit of an overkill for this job, as it's really a development tool.

I've spent a couple of evenings on this, so more suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards

Ferdinand

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2573

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage