MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> HP iPAQ Pocket PC

Pages: 1
moxley

Reged: 02/25/07
few ipaq rx5915 question?
      #26951 - 02/25/07 11:36 PM

It's been a long time since I start using a PDA again, and now that I do, I chose the Ipaq rx5915. I still haven't got it yet, it's on the way. There are a few question I like to ask about the PDA.

Does anyone know if the IPAQ rx5915 support SD card with 150x read/write speed? I read the review of sd card from this forum and it said better card speed mean better performance like watching movie or listen to music or read and write in general. Another question I have is, what is the limit that the Ipaq support for sd card? I read somewhere is 4gb, is it true or can it support more? By the way, what is a good SD card brand can you recommend?

Another question I have it, does anyone a good screen protector for Ipaq rx5915? I got a screen protector from compusa for my cell phone, but it make display look "funny". Is there any screen protector out there that does compromise the screen display? If so, please recommend.

Thanks member

Edited by moxley (02/25/07 11:39 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: few ipaq rx5915 question? [Re: moxley]
      #26964 - 02/27/07 03:35 PM

150x write speed should be fine- high speed cards are rarely a problem with modern PDAs and we use them all the time. The iPAQ supports SD but not the new SDHC cards. Cards that are 2 gigs and less are standard SD and those that are 4 gigs and more are SDHC with the exception of a few standard 4 gig SD cards such as Transcend's 4 gig card. There are many good brands of cards out there including ATP, Sandisk, Transcend and more.

For screen protectors, I personally really like the ones from www.pocketpctechs.com. They have a crystal clear one (you really can't tell it's on there) and an anti-glare one (slightly noticable).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

moxley

Re: few ipaq rx5915 question? [Re: LisaG]
      #26968 - 02/28/07 04:10 AM

thanks for information, there still one think i am puzzled, will the rx5915 work with 4gb or more. I am sorry that I don't SDHC is?

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
      #26970 - 02/28/07 09:42 AM

SDHC (SD High Capacity) is a new standard for SD cards and a device must state that it supports that standard. PDAs generally do not, nor does the iPAQ. The card's packaging will state if it's SDHC. Most cards that are 4 gigs and above are NOT regular SD cards with the exception I mentioned. So you could get the 4 gig Transcend 150x regular SD card or otherwise stick to 2 gig cards. There are no regular SD cards in capacities greater than 4 gigs and the vast majority are 2 gigs and less.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

kgoto

Reged: 02/28/07
      #26975 - 02/28/07 02:59 PM

I have used the 4GB Transcend 150x SD card in my rx5915 for about a month now, and it has worked fine so far.

moxley

Re: few ipaq rx5915 question? [Re: kgoto]
      #26992 - 03/01/07 08:40 PM

thanks a lot for your help, and to kgoto, can you expand more on your exprience using the card with rx5915? and what other accessories are you using with rx5915?

kgoto

Reged: 02/28/07
      #26994 - 03/01/07 11:50 PM

In addition to the Transcend, I use a couple of 2GB Kingston SD cards which are "normal" speed. I don't notice any difference between the Transcend and Kingston cards in things like playing movies, music, etc. When copying a large file (e.g. movie) from my PC to the SD card via a card reader, the Transcend is faster. Other accessories I use:
1. ThinkOutside bluetooth keyboard and mouse. The keyboard is great when you need to do a lot of typing. The mouse is nice but not necessary.
2. Zoom bluetooth modem for dial up access in locations where I don't have wifi, but do have a phone.
3. Simple wired earphones (from a MP3 player) for music, movies, Skype.
4. Spare battery, which I haven?t needed yet.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11088

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage