MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Izellah

Reged: 01/23/08
What to buy...?
      #29488 - 01/23/08 08:13 PM

I am looking for a new phone and am considering replacing my PDA along with it. The problem is, I?m not sure I want to spend what most smart phones cost just to have the convenience of one device, especially since my PDA use if very limited. Current, I typically only use the Outlook features of my PDA, EXCEPT for e-mail. I use the address book, calendar, and notes. I sync it with our home Outlook which is a feature I do not want to lose. I love knowing that I can change information only on the PC or PDA, and the other will be automatically updated when I sync. I never have to worry about where my latest information is. Being able to update these items during a call is important as well (ie, if someone is giving me their new address, I want to update it on the phone without having to end the call). Beyond that, I really want a full QWERTY keypad and a camera in the phone. I have Verizon and intend to stay with them. I have looked at the Samsung SCH-i760 and Samsung u740. I think the SCH-i760 is overpriced for what I want, and I think the u740 probably can?t offer me everything I?m looking for. My initial thoughts are that I am not interested in the MOTO Q or the Treo?s; I prefer the style of the hidden keypads. I believe Verizon has an option to wirelessly sync to Outlook for $20/month ? this seems excessive. I would prefer to just plug it in like I currently do with my PDA to keep the information synced.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a way to get everything I?m looking for (without a ton of extras)? Is what I?m looking for even possible?

Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3225

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage