General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Review: iPhone 3G
      #30833 - 07/16/08 01:21 AM

Another year and another iPhone has hit the market, this time worldwide, with just as much fanfare as the first model. Though the iPhone 3G adds only a few new features, they're big ones: 3G HSDPA and a GPS. Other improvements include better audio, improved Bluetooth and that nifty new 2.0 iPhone operating system pre-installed, which adds support for 3rd party applications that are easy to download and install via iTunes on the desktop or directly to the iPhone. The phone has a curvy back that feels better in hand and looks great, though it's slippery as heck. The iPhone 3G is a quad band GSM world phone with worldwide HSDPA support, and it's sold by AT&T in the US.

Read our iPhone 3G review.

-

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Armanius
veteran

Reged: 11/17/06
Re: Review: iPhone 3G [Re: LisaG]
      #31270 - 09/02/08 02:07 PM

So I am FINALLY eligible to get a 16 gig iPhone 3G for $300. But I've heard so many horror stories about the iPhone cracking, locking up, and not working very seamlessly with Exchange servers. Plus, the virtual keyboard on the portrait mode is horrible, and Apple refuses to provide for a landscape keyboard other than in Safari. What gives? I am debating between getting the iPhone, the Nokia E71, and perhaps yet another Windows Mobile phone ... gulp! I have the original Blackjack now. Anyone has any suggestions? The iPhone just looks very cool, and obviously, it would be great to use it as an iPod too. But if it's going to crack, lock up, and not work well w/ Exchange ... aarghh. If someone who has had their iPhone and used it w/ Exchange for a while could comment on their experience, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5489

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage