MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1
pop642007

Reged: 12/01/08
eternity camera lag time
      #32004 - 12/01/08 11:40 PM

i just bought an eternity and i like it a lot so far, however, there seems to be a 1 to 1 1/2 second lag when taking pictures. if i put it in frame mode there is no lag. this is very frustrating because the camera is a very important feature to me. i have 5 kids and don't always have a camera but almost always have my phone. but the lag time is totally unacceptable, kids rarely hold still for even that short a time. is this a glitch, a malfunction in my phone, is anyone else having this problem? someone please reply.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: eternity camera lag time [Re: pop642007]
      #32012 - 12/02/08 05:08 PM

Since the phone is fixed focus, there shouldn't be any significant lag (focusing is what causes lag in camera phones). However, camera phones aren't as fast as dedicated cameras and a 1/4 to 1/2 second lag isn't uncommon. My Eternity is pretty fast for a camera phone though, and I'd say the delay is 1/4 second or less when shooting a photo using the auto settings. There is a delay while the phone saves images to the microSD card (again, all phones have this), and it's faster to save to internal memory. But that's independent of the shutter time.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2865

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage